Modes and tetrachords | Root note C
Comparing modes in terms of tetrachords helps you to get familiar with
- the structure of scales
- the fingerings of scale patterns
- the sound of modes
- the brightness and darkness of modes
Another Keynote presentation illustrating guitar diagrams created with the fonts Chords and Scales. No images or shapes were used.
Build diatonic seventh chords and arpeggios in a major scale by just shifting the root of each seventh chord and arpeggio up a diatonic second.
Major Scale | Diatonic Chords & Arpeggios
Completing my previous blog posts about diatonic chords in the major and the harmonic minor scale this Keynote presentation deals with the jazz melodic minor scale and its diatonic chords. The scale- and chord diagrams were created with the fonts Chords and Scales. No images or shapes were used.
Create diatonic seventh chords in a jazz melodic minor scale by just shifting the root of each 7th chord up a diatonic second.
Jazz Melodic Minor Scale | Diatonic Chords
Note: The Scales font family needs to be installed on your computer to display the diagrams!
- more than thousand free scale diagrams
- ascending melodic minor scale and its derived modes
- in all keys
- for six string guitar
- add the scale diagrams to your Scales library folder
- requirements: Scales font family | Mac OS X
- MM1 | Melodic Minor Scale | Jazz Melodic Minor Scale in all keys
- MM2 | Dorian (b2) | Phrygian Natural 6 in all keys
- MM3 | Lydian Augmented in all keys
- MM4 | Lydian (b7) | Mixo (#11) | Overtone in all keys
- MM5 | Mixolydian (b6) | Mixo (b13) in all keys
- MM6 | Locrian (9) | Locrian Natural 2 in all keys
- MM7 | Altered | Superlocrian | Diminished Whole Tone in all keys
Spotlight Search Criteria
All diagrams are tagged with keywords helping you to narrow down your search results by typing specific criteria (see also → Library).
1. Searching for specific scale names
To find scale diagrams in Spotlight type the root note followed by the scale name as shown in the screenshot below.
Call up the Spotlight menu and type e.g. D Lydian b7. As you type Spotlight builds the list of every match it can find tagged with D Lydian b7. Choose the scale diagram you wish to insert and paste it into an open Pages, Keynote, Guitar Pro or another eligible document.