Note: Fonts for neck diagrams need to be installed on your computer to display the diagrams!
The fonts Chords and Scales come with a huge library of thousands of editable chord, scale and arpeggio diagrams for guitar which can be dropped into other documents in Mac OS X at any time.
Custom Neck Diagrams
And here’s how it works to add your own custom neck diagrams to the library.
Create some custom neck diagrams using the fonts Chords and Scales. Highlight and copy the diagram you wish to add to the library. Then run a script that automatically adds your just created diagram to the custom neck diagrams library and thus to Spotlight Search.
Running a Script
Go to the Script menu in the menu bar and select the script according to the font style of the selected diagram.
The script automatically
creates the folder My Neck Diagrams in your Documents folder
adds a subfolder according to the font style
- My Chords Normal
- My Chords Nut
- My Scales Normal
- My Scales Nut
- My Arpeggios Normal
- My Arpeggios Nut
opens a new document in TextEdit
pastes your custom diagram into the new TextEdit document
sets the font size to 20
sets the font style according to the name of the script
waits for your input for chord name, fret position and string numbers
saves the document in the subfolder and closes the document
waits for your input for your Spotlight comments
- download and unzip the folder Chords and Scales Scripts
- move the folder Chords and Scales Scripts to ~/Library/Scripts/
- open Script Editor located at /Applications/Utilities/
- in Script Editor Preferences activate Show Script menu in menu bar
- run the Chords and Scales Scripts from the menu bar as shown in the video
- requirements: Fonts for neck diagrams | Mac OS X